Monday, September 08, 2008

seattle roadtrip

drove to seattle from SLC.

Saw where Evil Knievel attempted to jump the snake river.


Saw a Jackson Pollock.

Experienced Safco Field as the Mariners played the Yankees. (Almost witnessed a no-hitter.)

Cheered on the Cougars to a close victory.

This picture captures the silent Huskies after the blocked extra point. (If you look closely, you can see a lot of hands on heads and the cheerleaders asking each other, "what happened?")

Other activities included: finding Bill Gates' house (thank you Garmin), eating at Ivars, Dick's Drive-Inn, and "there's nothing like it" XXX Drive-in, visiting the former Elder Reil and Bulgarian wife in Kennewick, WA, seeing Boise for the first time, hanging with old roomie Eric Chambers, and eating at a Pizza Club favorite in Boise, the Flying Pie pizzaria.

5 comments:

stern mister serious said...

That really sounds splendid, all that you splen-did. I'm glad you took the time to tell me about it.

Hold to the rod.

Britt said...

Sounds like an awesome trip, and wasn't that a great game!

Courtney said...

Were you in Twin Falls - by Shoshone?

That's the land of my birth, well not mine but both of my folks. Every time we went to "Twin" to visit my grandparents and other family we always heard about Evel's FAILED attempt at crossing the canyon. I mean it doesn't actually look THAT far, ya know!

Party on dude! (Oops, initially I misspelled and typed dud!)

kaylinannette said...

I am glad to see you all were wearing your seat belts in the car picture. I was in WA too this weekend... in Kennewick nonetheless.

4-Slyce said...

courtney- yep, twin falls.

Kaylin- we stopped at kennewick to visit a friend of mine too. i didn't see you there...