Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ice cream scooper man

Here's a story:

A couple days ago, I was performing my Kraft duties in the Albertson's grocery store in Park City, UT. A man came up to me asking, "Do you guys sell ice cream scoopers?"

I replied, "Sorry, I'm not sure, I don't actually work here..." A very common statement to the "where is the...." questions I receive throughout the day as I work in different grocery stores.

This man looked very familiar. I thought, "...he's gotta be some news anchor, I swear." He was wearing a baseball cap and I couldn't recall his name. I overheard him holler to his wife and call her Arlene. With that clue, I went online to detective-google this familiar face. This is the news anchor that I couldn't help find an ice cream scooper.

I wish I would've gotten him to sign a box of Wheat Thins for me...

3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

My dad picks up a lot of stuff at Costco for wholesale, and people are always asking where things are or taking his milk. One time someone asked him where he kept his winter coats. "In my closet," he said. Ha ha. He knows all the employees by name, he may as well work there.

stern mister serious said...

While I wouldn't have recognized good ol' Charlie deWolf, I definitely would have helped him find the scooper. Next time, be aware of your surroundings.

4-Slyce said...

nice, I'll have to try to have some more fun with getting asked where things are.

Yes sir master, i must learn awareness.